Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Made It!

Posting again?! One of my besties, Lindsey, from Thriving in Third sent me on this blogging journey and now I always text her asking questions. I kindly remind her she wanted me to do this. She's da best with helping me though! PS, she also makes blog designs and they're super cheap & completely custom (she did this one!). Go check out her teaching blog AND her design site here! Love you Lindsey Poo! (did that take you back to high school at all?)

Okay, okay, back to my real reason for blogging today-- I'm linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for some MONDAY MADE IT!!! I was super de duper motivated yesterday for some odd reason & I loved it. Sooooo here we go!!





If you read my school year goals a couple posts back, you know I love me some Kid President! I wish I could meet him & just have him be a student in my classroom. Although, I'd probably let him just talk ALL.THE.TIME! Well, I loved one of his quotes I saw on Twitter so much that I decided to make a poster with it. It took me way longer than I planned since I painted each letter, cut it out, and then glued it on the poster board. TOTALLY worth it though. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. 

CAN'T wait to find the perfect spot to hang it in my classroom for a constant reminder! 


We all know calling kids out in front of the class is not really enjoyable for anyone. With some students who I was consistently having to talk to last year I did the three sticky notes with them, where I would quietly go over and take one off. That worked really well, but some students weren't consistently having a problem, so I wanted something for students who just need a quick reminder. I found this on pinterest awhile ago and LOVED the idea! I wanted to make them small enough, so it's not obvious, but big enough to write a message on them. Above & below the line behavior is common language at our school so I was pumped to be able to put that on there to get them thinkin'. I was a little bummed about them not being super cute, but then I thought about it, and this isn't really something that needs to be cutesy.



I also talked about in a previous blog how I want to be better about lit circles and teaching it. I found these cute editable signs in Scooting through Second's tpt store, so a lightbulb went on! I labeled them with jobs for lit circle, typed up a short description of what to do, and plan to glue those onto the back, laminate and BOOM! Nifty little cards that remind students of their job. I made 3 sets, because I usually have around 3 or 4 lit circle groups. I don't have a final project picture, because I'm not quite done, but I'm excited for the start of them. LIT CIRCLES HERE WE COME!! 



I got a start on a few other projects yesterday too, but they're not completely done yet. I need to go experiment in my classroom to see if they will work or not before I complete them, so look forward to those hopefully soon! 

Did YOU make anything over the weekend? Go link up if you did, I'd love to see what it is! 




1 comment:

  1. Oh geez, haven't heard that one in awhile!
    Also, you already texted me all of these...I need an element of surprise! :)
    Love you!
    Lindsey
    Thriving in 3rd
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete